Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Bone Wind Chime

Okay, so I am completely obsessed with cardboard. It's universal and affordable. I watched the American Horror Story the other night and was inspired. Not by the show itself.. it was a bit too "weird" (for lack of better word) for me, but the animal bone wind chime.

I had thought about using real bones (chicken), but I didn't want to smell it later. So I used some extra bones I found in the garage. I wanted to give it a real "redneck", Wrong Turn kind of look so I used twine instead of fishing line.


Supplies: Bones, X-Acto, twine, cardboard, paint...
No animals were harmed in the making of this wind chime

Attached like so...

And painted.. I brushed some of the
bones to give that extra dirty look.
Not a glamorous shot,
but hey, it's dryin' :]


If you want to check the episode out for yourself, click the link below:
American Horror Story Pilot

Happy Haunting...


P.S. On a lighter note, I had to share this with you all. The only thing I could do when I saw myself in the mirror was laugh. Other thoughts such as, "I need some beauty rest" and "A face only a mother could love also" arose.

BOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment