1. Post these rules. -- Done
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself. -- Do I gotta?! Apparently so...
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post. -- Aww shucks ;]
4. Create 3 new questions for the people you tag to answer. --[[racking my brain]]
5. Go to their blog and tell them that you have tagged them. -- I love blog
6. No stuff in the tagging section about ‘you are tagged if you are reading this.’ blah blah blah, you legitimately have to tag 3 people! --Done and done
Okay, so 11 interesting facts about myself that won't severely embarrass me... hmm... OK I'll start with this:
1. I am superstitious. I hate when people split a pole, walk under ladders, sweep my feet (which is rude anyways). And if I spill salt, I will secretly throw some over my shoulder. Yeah, I'm the crazy lady in the next booth knocking on wood (my preferred method is 4 knocks of 3 reps - not sure why), but please forgive and ignore me. Oh & I love black cats.. I guess I just pick and choose what I want to follow... sound familiar?! Haha.. I kid.. I kid
2. As mush as I love Halloween and scaring others.. I am terrified of the dark. Yes, I am a coward. I guess there are too many "real" things that go bump in the night.
3. I am absolutely addicted to Charlaine Harris' Sookie Stackhouse series. I have a platonic girl crush on Sookie... and I just adore the character Eric. If I was a little bit more demented, I could actually believe they exist.I guess the world wouldn't be any worse off if vamps did exist.
4. I have the smallest toenails in the world. Bet.
5. I love food oddities. Toasted pineapple and mayo sandwiches.. banana and Miracle Whip sandwiches (Yes there is a difference between mayo and MW.. I am a bigger fan of MW).. I could go on & on
6. I am 1/4 Korean... I know that sounds weird to put it that way, it sounds even more weird saying, "My mom is 1/2. My Korean grandmother died before I was born. So needless to say, I was brought up on a lot of Korean food, but not culture. But for some reason, I don't like it when people think my heritage is Vietnamese. Oddly enough my grandfather fought in the Vietnam War...
7. As much as I can express myself on here, I have a hard time in person. I really am just a shy, quiet person... why doesn't anyone believe me?!
8. I still have a homemade card from my brother Brandon that he made me when I was in grade school (4th grade maybe?). It's really cute.. he tried to make it into a pop-up card, but wasn't successful.
9. I am extremely defensive when it comes to my family. I don't care what you're opinions about them are (even if they're true), but you best be respectful to them.My family is all that I have. We all fall short of grace and aren't perfect... that includes myself, them and of course you.
10.Embarrassingly enough, if I'm watching Harry Potter, I can almost always recite the next line of the movie (In the first one especially). Yes, I'm a Hogwarts nerd. I also get into these... well... ruts, I guess you can call them. For instance, if I'm in the mood to watch HP#1, then I will rewatch it every day (at least once or twice, and usually back-to-back) for a month or more. It's insane
11. No matter how many times I try, I cannot grasp how British titles work.. Countess, Duke.. yada yada. Why can't we just call them all Billionaire Bill?
And Ked asked me to answer these three questions:
#1 Besides Halloween and Christmas, what other holiday(s) do you celebrate/enjoy/decorate for?
Hmm.. I guess it depends on what I have planned. I love to throw parties, but I have come to realize that the work (and money) I put into a party is not always appreciated. So I guess to [finally] answer the question, I only decorate for Halloween & Christmas. I guess 2010 was an exception because I decorated for Valentines Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Although, I think it would be a blast to do something fun for each holiday---I have just been too lazy.
#2 What is the scariest thing that has ever happened to you?
Well there are a few things... some I prefer to keep deep within. I guess I would have to answer this as my near death experience. I was swimming in a community pool with my brother and cousins. I want to say I was between 8-10 years old. We were supposed to be under constant supervision from a baby sitter who was very unreliable. I got to the deep end and simply got tired. I was not a fair swimmer then (not now either). I thrashed about, panicking, hoping someone would see me. I remember reaching out for the back of some older man, but I could never reach him. I finally gave up-- I was so tired. I began to sink. And suddenly, it was so peaceful, I wasn't scared anymore... I didn't know what was happening, but I excepted it - not so much as embraced "it" because I didn't understand fully what was occurring. And the next second, I was pulled out. I don't remember how I got out or what even happened next. I just remember our babysitter begging me not to tell. I did.
#3 How do you deal with the negative people in your life?
I guess it just depends on who that person is, what the circumstances are and what my feelings are towards that person. Sometimes I like to imagine that their heads are pimples and I'm a dermatologist. Sometimes if the situation calls for it, I confront that person (not in a I'm-going-to-beat-you way... just a hey, dude what's up with you kind of way). I try to think of what that person could be going through.. sometimes that helps. Hell, it's not my business to ask why so and so is being a douche. I found the best way to let go of the negative energy is to vent... so as you see from my previous entry, I do. And I talk to the hubby - he at least pretends to listen. :]
So to continue...
Lady M from http://ladymhauntedparlor.blogspot.com/
Vivienne from http://viviennemoss.blogspot.com/
& The Spooky Vegan from ... yep, you guessed it, the http://spookyvegan.blogspot.com/
TAG, You're it!!!
and my three questions are:
1. What fictional character do you pull the most inspiration from and why?
2. If you could transform into any kind of animal for one night, what would it be and what would be on your agenda?
3. What is a lesson (or saying) that has always held true to you?