Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Attitude + Birthday cockroaches


Although this doesn't pertain to Halloween or the upcoming holidays, I wanted to share this with you all. This quote has given me a positive attitude during hard times. I keep this on my refrigerator so anytime I feel down, I can pick myself up.
Attitude
By: Charles Swindoll

"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home.
The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is out attitude... I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of out attitudes."




I made some cupcakes for a co-worker's surprise birthday lunch... I HAD to put some plastic cockroaches in the icing as a "surprise". Does this make me demented? I think she will like it though...

4 comments:

  1. I would be happy if somebody made me cupcakes. I would be excited if they gave them to me in a skull tray. I would crap my pants for joy if it had a rubber roach on top. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! :] I wanted to bake them inside, but I was afraid that they would melt and the cupcakes would be inedible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the roach-cakes!

    btw - I've awarded you the Zombie Rabbit award over on my blog! Your zombie dogs can chase it!

    ReplyDelete