Friday, November 11, 2011

Thank you...

to all of the soldiers fighting for our freedom. It is a huge sacrifice to be apart from one's family.



We should all try to do our part. I really love the Adopt A U.S. Soldier program. I have "adopted" 3 soldiers so far. I will admit that I am not a perfect penpal - thankfully the AAUSS program gives each soldier a couple of penpals. My first soldier "Sgt." actually wrote me back - I couldn't believe it. He's fighting and writing me (a complete stranger) back. I have kept his post cards -- they are extremely positive. If HE can be positive in a warzone, then I can be positive in my everyday life.

Any way, if you are interested, the link is listed below:

http://www.adoptaussoldier.org/


I also want to give a shout-out to "Tater", a Vietnam vet. My friend passed away last year and at his funeral they read a letter written by Tater. It spoke of how America didn't welcome them home and how upsetting it was that America didn't support them.
 Whether you "believe" in the war or not, show some RESPECT & SUPPORT. They are following orders. They are fighting for US. You have no idea how it affects them when you are unsupportive. R.I.P Robert "Tater" Tatum.
God bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment