Friday, September 30, 2011

Beginner Haunted Tree

Well I couldn't resist any longer...

I had to post the haunted tree with the 4 grave stones! My mom and I put together the grave (and mounds), but we wanted a tree. Well now there is one! Of course it is made out of cardboard, but I don't have the time to attempt to make a "real" one (too many projects - maybe for next Halloween?). This took approx. 2-3 hours to cut, glue, support and decorate. It took a bit to support the tree due to the weight on the right-hand side. I have it away from the wall (that is a 3-D crow, not a sticker). I had to keep the plots a bit from the door (heavy traffic area). I am going to paint tthe tree so it doesn't look like cardboard (thanks Hubby) & hoping to do a bit more with the scene, BUT here are some pics to show you what I'm so excited about.
Update: October 2nd - The tree scene is finished (not put together, but finished as far as paint goes.) I also added a full moon. I so wish I had black walls! The scene would just really POP then! (Added pics below-wish I had a better camera, but you get the idea...).



No comments:

Post a Comment